September 21, 2010
Photokina Nikonians Team is on the scene
All set for the biggest show in the photo imaging world, our team has set up their booth and they are ready to meet and greet with fellow Nikonians.
This year's Photokina team includes (from left to right) Albert Esschendal (alberte), Hendric Schneider (Nikonians Marketing and Communications), Jurgen Plessing (Nikonians Photo Pro Shop), and Thomas Berg (twberg).
They will busy helping Nikonians co-founder Bo Stahlbrandt (bgs) with daily booth activities and they will also be digging for news of the latest releases and announcements from the more than 1,500 companies on the scene in Cologne, Germany.
One booth they are sure to check out fairly quick is our friends from Think Tank Photo (hall 02.1 and stand A037).
The Think Tank Photo Team will be displaying Version 2.0’s of their popular Urban Disguise and Digital Holster product lines:
SANTA ROSA, CALIF – For photographers operating in urban or dangerous environments, carrying thousands of dollars worth of photo equipment can be an invitation to have their gear stolen. Now, with Think Tank Photo’s completely upgraded and larger Urban Disguise® shoulder bags available in October, photographers can travel in style while still protecting their valuable equipment from prying eyes.
The Urban Disguise V2.0 Series is specifically designed for professional digital SLR equipment, with some models including special laptop compartments. Each model features multiple pockets, YKK lockable zipper sliders, a comfortable, padded shoulder strap, and a seam-sealed rain cover. Specifically:
- Urban Disguise 35 V2.0 – Carries a 13.3” laptop with a regular size DSLR or a 10” netbook with a pro size DSLR. Also carries a 70-200 f2.8 attached to a DSLR with two to three additional lenses.
- Urban Disguise 40 V2.0 – Carries regular or pro size DSLR with a standard zoom lens attached and two to four additional lenses.
- Urban Disguise 50 V2.0 – Carries up to a 15.4” laptop, a regular or pro size DSLR with a standard zoom attached, and two to four additional lenses.
- Urban Disguise 60 V.20 – Carries up to a 17” laptop, a regular or pro size DSLR with a standard zoom attached, and three to five additional lenses.
- Urban Disguise 70 V2.0 – Carries up to two pro size DSLRs with lenses attached in main compartment. Can fit a 70-200 f2.8 attached to a pro size DSLR.
“This design concept is the culmination of years of observation of photojournalists and other photographers who have jury-rigged their bags to decrease their public exposure,” said Think Tank Photo founder and lead designer Doug Murdoch. “Whether you are a professional who wishes to maintain a lower profile in dangerous situations or a serious amateur who wishes to lessen the risk of having your gear ripped off, the Urban Disguise’s low profile allows you to carry the right gear with less fear.”
SANTA ROSA, CALIF – Sometimes all photographers need in the field is one digital SLR body and one lens attached. Other times, just additional lens or accessories need to be added to the kit. To meet this need, Think Tank Photo has completely redesigned its line-up of Digital Holsters™. Available in early October in five sizes, their expandable “Pop Down” section allows them to hold lenses of two different vertical heights with the hood in position or with it reversed. A feature new to V2.0 is the built-in side attachment system compatible with most Modular, Skin, or Multimedia components.
The Digital Holsters also feature a side pocket for holding memory cards, a soft flap to cover the camera’s LCD, a shoulder strap, and an externally accessible seam-sealed rain cover in every model. They fit most tripod plates while attached to the camera.
They come in five sizes:
- Digital Holster 10 V2.0 – Form fitting to a small, regular size DSLR with a zoom lens attached.
- Digital Holster 20 V2.0 - Form fitting to a regular size DSLR and a 24-70 f2.8 with lens hood in position or reversed. When the “Pop Down” feature is extended it will also hold a 70-200 f2.8 with the hood reversed.
- Digital Holster 30 V.20 –This is the only top loading bag for a DSLR that can hold a 70-200 2.8 with its lens hood attached, while connected to a regular DSLR.
- Digital Holster 40 V2.0 – Designed for a pro size DSLR and a 24-70 f2.8 lens with hood in position or reversed. When the “Pop Down” feature is extended it will also hold a 70-200 f2.8 with the lens hood reversed.
- Digital Holster 50 V2.0 – Designed for a pro size DSLR and a 70-200 f2.8 with the lens hood reversed or in position, ready to shoot.
Posted by flashdeadline at September 21, 2010 4:29 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: