Out of the blue: New Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 AFS VRII and TC-20E III
How many of us saw this coming? In a very late-year announcement, Nikon have announced two new products: a new 300mm f/2.8G AFS VRII prime and a brand new 2x teleconverter, the TC-20EIII.
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately 4 stops
- The addition of A/M (autofocus with manual override; AF priority) focus mode prevents accidental switching from autofocus to manual focus. Along with M/A (autofocus with manual override; manual priority) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while autofocus is operating and M (manual) mode, this makes for a total of three focus modes.
- An FX-format compatible teleconverter that extends the focal length of the primary lens by 2X*
- The world’s first teleconverter to utilize an aspherical lens element
- A new optical design that offers superior contrast and resolution
- Utilization of an aspherical lens element enabled a more compact and lightweight teleconverter
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Out of the blue: New Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 AFS VRII and TC-20E III.
TrackBack URL for this entry: