Now is a good idea to include the 18th ANPAT in the Spring on your shopping list, taking advantage of the early bird discount. More information (login required)
By bgs at 15-Dec-2017 14:09 Permalink
There is always something happening in the world of Nikonians. This week we have rolled out further improvements in the community: (1) it is now easier to see articles related to a specific topic (aka keyword/theme) (see this post) and (2) we are now showing small "overview thumbnails" of images linked into a discussion as well, not only for those that are uploaded.
Continue reading "What is that "something" we take photographs of?"
By bgs at 14-Dec-2017 11:03 Permalink
Welcome to this weeks newsletter.
A new episode of Martin Turner's "Shooting the $2million image" premium article series is available. Martin discusses the "human factor" and how vital this is for successful professional photographers. He adds "One survey across many industries suggested that technical skills only accounted for around 20% of career success. The other 80% ? Ability to work with people." Read the article
Continue reading "How do you work with other people?"
By bgs at 7-Dec-2017 10:22 Permalink
It is snowing this morning at my "southern" basecamp and I am looking forward to get out this afternoon hoping for some animals against the white backdrop.
The "motivation thread" from last week got some very good input. If you haven't read that yet, I suggest you do that. See the discussion on motivation
Continue reading "Are you a beta user?"
By bgs at 30-Nov-2017 10:18 Permalink
Back to my southern basecamp looking through members images in our "Master your vision" galleries, something I seriously enjoy doing since it gives me a lot of good inspiration. I encourage you to do the same :)
Our Master your vision galleries contain a total of 18 main categories with everything from Astro, Glamour and Landscape to Travel, Underwater and Wildlife photography.
Continue reading "How to stay motivated?"
By bgs at 23-Nov-2017 09:18 Permalink
Thanks to additional traveling this week, I am keeping this one "short and sweet".
We have some new articles that are due out next week, including another Mastering the Art of Photography, please stay tuned. If you still have not read the first three you might want to do that.
Continue reading "We have improvements for you"
By bgs at 16-Nov-2017 09:37 Permalink
Hope your photography is doing well, no matter outside temperatures and the weather conditions that you might experience at your location. I am packing up at my nordic getaway heading "down south" to continental Europe this week and expect some good shooting opportunities along the way. We have lovely foggy mornings with plenty of roe deer and the odd moose out browsing and I will for sure keep some of Ramón's (jrp) "photography sins" in mind while shooting.
Continue reading "Is incorrect focus a deadly sin?"
By bgs at 8-Nov-2017 07:01 Permalink
Writing this week from my nordic getaway, pretty much smack on the 60th north latitude. I am heading out to the Baltic coast today for some landscape and bird shooting and reminded myself to pack enough rain covers and cleaning cloths for the gear.
Continue reading "Mastering photography (technique) vs. art"
By bgs at 31-Oct-2017 10:18 Permalink
Is there really any reason for going manual focus when our autofocus (AF) systems are just getting better and better?
Yes, maybe there is. In this weeks newsletter I am shortly looking into one good reason.
Continue reading "Any reason going manual focus?"
By bgs at 26-Oct-2017 10:30 Permalink
In this weeks newsletter we are looking into what members say about the Nikon D850 and what keeps us motivated when continuing on our quest to improve our photography.
Want to make sure you get our weekly update in your mailbox? Just subscribe.
Continue reading "A Nikon D850 job - What keeps us motivated?"
By bgs at 19-Oct-2017 08:12 Permalink
Are you interested in going for a week of shooting in Europe in the autumn of 2018?
Maybe combined with the largest imaging and photography exhibition there is, Photokina in Cologne, Germany which is taking place 26th-29th of September?
Continue reading "European trip autumn 2018"
By bgs at 16-Oct-2017 10:57 Permalink
We are expanding our team of authors - If you are interested to join, send me, bgs a private message.
Continue reading "Open position: Writer"
By bgs at 16-Oct-2017 08:50 Permalink