November 9, 2005
Nikonians Rolls Out Affordable Photo Insurance
Nikonians own photography equipment insurance, dubbed NikSecure, is now available. We are currently taking pre-registrations for the insurance and the turn-around time for acceptance is approx three days right now.
Some of the features are:
- Covers both amateur and professional use.
- Covers all camera equipment and photography accessories.
- Covers travel and use in home.
- Worldwide coverage and your location does not matter.
- Covers breakage, damage, theft and loss.
- No deductible except on theft (250 USD).
- New equipment replaced first year. After that valuated at market price (depreciation according to current market price).
- Covers damages due to rain, water, moisture, snow, sand, storms.
- Claiming is done online.
5,000 US Dollars worth of equipment is 150 US Dollars in annual premium and it is possible to insure equipment worth up to 20,000 Dollars.
For more information on the insurance and how to pre-register, see Nikonians
Posted by bgs at November 9, 2005 9:34 PM