October 29, 2010
Fresh off the presses: The ultimate guide to your Nikon D300/D300S
The newest book in the NikoniansPress/Rocky Nook series, Mastering the Nikon D300/D300S by Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) is now printed and shipping has started.
Members of the NikoniansPress Team have received the first set of the new books and that means the entire first printing is simultaneously on the way to book retailers worldwide.
This book is the result of a unique challenge faced by Darrell when the Nikon D300S was first introduced last summer. His previous Nikon D300 book was already a popular reference, but the D300S added new features that screamed for an update.
The easy solution would be to grab all the previous material and just add bits and pieces to make room for the D300S additions, but Darrell had the benefit of carefully reviewing reader comments from his previous books and decided to address those concerns by completely re-designing and adjusting his newest work to satisfy as many reader's wishes as possible.
The total re-write, re-edit project and re-design has produced a book twice as large, without adding to the final cost to consumers. Now, anyone who has purchased a Nikon D300 or the newer D300S will benefit from a book that was literally written "from scratch."
The book also features chapter opening images from members of the Nikonians community (detailed in our recent free eZine download for eZine #47)
Our contributing members were:
▪ Apples - Neale Dyster (Digitwized)
▪ Red-Tailed Hawk - Doug Sipes (Dsipes)
▪ F-22 Raptor - Norman Paratore (carlysgranddad)
▪ Bikes Catch Air - Ken Rutt (raxafarian)
▪ Dawn on El Capitan - Russ Glindmeier (russg)
▪ Free Climber - Octavian Radu Topai (Tavi) (◄shown here)
▪ Maine Coon Cat - Cindie Fearnall (Gipsi)
▪ Sol Duc Valley Stream - Daniel Stainer (spiritualized67)
▪ Father and Son - LaDonna France Huizinga (Cookies35)
▪ Hello Cutie - Stephen J. Weston (stevezz1)
▪ Bald Eagle Fishing - David Summers (dm1dave)
▪ Contemplation - Richerd Reynolds (slartybartfast)
More than 400 pages, step-by-step illustrations and detailed explanations through 12 chapters cover White Balance, the Histogram, the Multi-CAM 3500DX autofocus system, and how the Live View and D-Movie modes work. Camera accessories such as Speedlight flash and GPS units are also considered.
All books in the Rocky Nook/NikoniansPress series include a special Nikonians 50%-off voucher discount for a one year Gold Membership in the Nikonians community. This will save $37.50 on Gold Membership.
As of Tuesday morning (November 2) Amazon.com was still showing the book at the pre-order price ($23.07 USD). That's an $11.88 USD savings from the list price.
Posted by flashdeadline at October 29, 2010 6:03 PM