March 5, 2014
Membership benefits explained
Nikonians founders J. Ramón Palacios (jrp) and Bo Stahlbrandt (bgs) are happy to welcome the large number of new members joining us in the past few years. They have also noticed an interesting trend.
It seems many members are not aware of the specific additional benefits that come with each level of community membership. Our Silver, Gold and Platinum levels each have unique benefits, and in the coming weeks we will highlight them, one by one.
First, let's have a look at one of the most popular levels.
Silver membership is only $25 USD per year (less than 7 cents per day).
As a Silver member, you receive the following benefits (above the basic trial membership):
▪ Upload and store images in forums
▪ Show personal gallery images in forums
▪ Access premium content area with how-to guides and more
▪ Access to Fine Art Nude Gallery
▪ Access to Fine Art Nude Forum
▪ Access our forums via RSS
▪ Send email to another member
▪ Access to our classifieds section, where you find many good items to buy and friendly, quality-minded members interested in buying your used gear
▪ Receive immediate rewards for being a Nikonians member: discounts for photo equipment, accessories and software from our sponsor partners. See also our Rewards Program.
▪ Access to all of our photo contests. Participate in the Nikonians Photographers of the Year and in monthly contests. Prizes are awarded throughout the year as well as in the contest finals.
▪ Get your personal Membership Certificate
▪ Membership valid for 12 months.
Receive 15% off on membership if signing up for three years.
Bonus for upgrading: If you upgrade to a higher level, e.g. from Silver to Gold, whatever is left of your currently paid period will be converted to the new level as well.
▪ Access to our Nikonians Photo Tours and Workshops at very attractive prices, held throughout North America and in Europe
▪ Search for other Nikonians
▪ 10% discount on Annotate Expert Software (list price $79)
Here's a tip: -- if you want to see the full memberships benefits listing, check our comparison chart.
At the top of that chart, you will see a message from our founders explaining the community support you will be making through your choice of membership:
"Nikonians is a not-for-profit community. All capital generated through our operations (the Nikonians Community, the PhotoProShop and the Nikonians Academy) are reinvested to sustain our growth. Each membership counts and we take this opportunity to thank you for your support!"
---Bo Stahlbrandt and J. Ramón Palacios, Founders of Nikonians.
Posted by flashdeadline at March 5, 2014 2:34 AM