April 16, 2014
May includes two new workshop opportunitiesTwo new additions to the Nikonians Academy curriculum highlight our weekly report from Academy Director Mike Hagen.
Nikonians Academy instructor Michael Mariant will be hosting a rare, private-format, one-time-only workshop in Yosemite National Park.
This three day workshop (May 16-18, 2014) will be limited to only five Nikonians students and two seats are already taken.
The brand new workshop is called Exclusive Yosemite: Black & White Digital Zone and is aimed towards photographers who want to follow in the footsteps of the famous landscape masters.
Michael will be teaching black and white theory, manual exposure, composition, and post processing.
Michael asks that the Nikonians signing up for this course are:
• Comfortable in shooting in manual mode
• Understand how to use the in-camera spot meter or a hand-held spot meter
• Understand how to use the histogram not for exposure but for reading the tonal range of the image
• Are comfortable with RAW format coupled with exposure camera controls
• Are comfortable and can navigate their way around Photoshop or Lightroom, and use adjustment layers
• Are willing to participate in the workshop planning and prep via email discussion prior to the workshop start
Our Masters Series workshops continue to get fantastic reviews and Steve Simon has been scheduled to take the series to Boston (May 28-June 1).
Steven and Mike Hagen have just finished up workshops in Chicago and New Jersey and are now headed to Texas for classes in Dallas and Houston. We'll be in Seattle this June. Mike Hagen tells us he has plans for many more to come around the USA.
In previous years, we've photographed most of the big North American wild animals such as bear, elk, moose, wolves and lots of smaller animals and birds.
Jim is one of the foremost experts on wildlife photography in these national parks. Join him for a trip you won't forget.
Rick Hulbert is one of the masters when it comes to urban and architectural photography.
He is running his signature series of workshops Mastering Composition in Photography and Mastering Architectural and Urban Photography in Atlanta, Vancouver BC, Houston, San Antonio, Washington DC and Los Angeles throughout the rest of this year.
Our Iceland trip is sold out for this summer, but we are headed back in February for Northern lights, ice caves and landscape photography.
Posted by flashdeadline at April 16, 2014 2:24 AM