September 2, 2015
Seat shortages at the Nikonians AcademyLooking at the curriculum in the coming months, Nikonians Academy Director Mike Hagen tells us the operative words found most often are "Sold Out."
The sold out workshops include photo adventures to Acadia National Park in Maine, 15th ANPAT Fall in The Badlands, Grand Teton Wildlife and Landscapes, and Galapagos 2015.
If you hurry, we still have seats available for three workshops
led by Michael Mariant:
● The Eastern Sierra and Owens Valley trip explores landscapes and astrophotography in some of California's most beautiful environments.
Capture the vibrancy of the Eastern Sierra (September 24-27, 2015) during shooting sessions throughout the day interspersed with extensive specialized instruction in landscape photography.
This workshop focuses not only on the 'where' to take the pictures, but also on the 'how' to take pictures, incorporating photographic education throughout the workshop at each location, building on the previous locations techniques and lessons to culminate in a comprehensive lesson in composition, modified exposure, light controls, and High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography to name just a few.
● The Zen of Thinking (beginning October 2, 2015) is an advanced photography workshop designed to get you out of your comfort zone (only one seat remaining). This two-day course is limited to five students to ensure an intimate environment, fostering the best learning opportunities possible at Yosemite National Park.
The course curriculum includes lecture presentations, one-on-one instruction and critiques, on-site visual approach demos and analysis, and evaluative assessments of each photographer?s strengths, weakness, gear mindset, and areas for growth and development.
● Black and White Infrared Photography is designed to help photographers learn how to shoot and process compelling IR imagery.
Learn infrared black and white photography in beautiful Yosemite Valley.
This three-day course (November 6-8, 2015) is an intensive study of the complete digital and analog technique and process of the black & white infrared photography medium. You will be examining the technical visual aspects of the infrared spectrum, photographic principles in the field, post-production techniques and the proper steps to ?create? a dynamic infrared (IR) photograph.
The 2016 schedule for international travel has been posted.
Here?s a quick capsule description on the adventures just listed:
● Sri Lanka - Limited to 12 participants, this is a 12-day (11-night) exploration of what some have called ?the most beautiful island in Asia.? Your leader will be Lester Picker. Dates: March 12-23, 2016.
● Iceland ? Led by Mike Hagen, this trip runs from July 17-24, 2016. Hagen?s partner on this trip is the world-renowned photographer Tim Vollmer. This workshop is limited to a maximum of 10 participants
● Galapagos ? This photo trip of a lifetime takes you on a custom expedition yacht to one of Earth's most treasured locations.
The boat has a maximum capacity of 20 passengers and the Nikonians group will take 10-15 of those positions. Trip Dates: September 17-25, 2016
● Prague ? Mike Hagen calls this ?The Best of Bohemia in 8-Days.?
Mike will again partner with Tim Vollmer and the pair will guide you through a huge variety of photography themes. Trip dates are October 9 ? 16, 2016.
● Tanzania ? You will be photographing the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara, Tarangire and at private luxury tent camps throughout Northern Tanzania.
Your leader, Mike Hagen, has extensive experience in this region. Trip dates are November 4 ? 15, 2016.
Posted by flashdeadline at September 2, 2015 12:02 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: