June 15, 2016
Congrats April Contest winnersNikonians Contest Coordinator David Summers (dm1dave) has posted the results of the April 2016 competitions.
Congratulations to our winners!
We encourage you to click on the links to each image for a closer look.
All Silver, Gold and Platinum Members are eligible to participate in any and all theme categories of the monthly forums contests and online assignments.
Check our winning images legend below and scroll down for the names of the winners. The image titles include links to the winning entries along with a look at the competition in each category.
1. Wildlife - "Spring is in the Air" theme winner Michael Kawerninski (qanik), from British Columbia, Canada with his image titled Spring is in the Air, are just.
2. Landscape - "Reflections in a Landscape Setting" theme winner Russ Glindmeier (russg) from Arizona, USA with his image titled Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park.
3. Macro - "Spring Fever" theme winner Tom Ferguson (tekneektom), from Wisconsin, USA with his image titled A sure sign of Spring - Pussy Willow.
4. Travel - "Travels to the Edge" theme winner Darcy Shelanskey (dshlink)) with her image titled Muenzenberg, Germany.
5. Digital Artistry - Digital Composite theme winner Godofredo Baylon (GBaylon) from Ontario, Canada with his image titled This face needs Photoshop help.
6. April Assignment - "Feet" theme winner James Buch (jimray) from Wisconsin, USA with his image titled Little feet.
Interested in submitting your photos?
If you want to participate, please be sure to enter one of the monthly competitions listed in David Summers' contest guide.
The Online Photo Assignments category is coordinated by Rob Migliaccio (rmigliaccio) from Rhode Island, USA. You can check his assignments updates here.
The current June Assignment is "Low Contrast."
This one is simple (and it is the opposite of last month's assignment) - a wall worthy, low-contrast photograph that does not exhibit much difference between the lights and the darks - i.e. not a broad range of tones.
The image may be color or black and white. An image of a subject shrouded in fog is a great example. The photo you submit must be taken in the month of June 2016. That's why they call it an assignment. Go get it - - don't search your hard drive.
Posted by flashdeadline at June 15, 2016 1:42 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: