July 12, 2016
Congrats May 2016 Photo Contest WinnersNikonians Contest Coordinator David Summers (dm1dave) has posted the results of the May 2016 competitions. Congratulations to our winners!
Check our winning images legend below and scroll down for the names of the winners. The image titles include links to the winning entries along with a look at the competition in each category.
1. Wildlife - "No Fur, No Feathers" theme winner Mark Kraus (pipco), from Ohio, USA with his image titled Working Under-cover.
2. Landscape - "It's all about the clouds" theme winner Keith Manning (kamf0t0) from New York, USA with his image titled Burning Clouds.
3. Macro - Sharp" theme winner Godofredo Baylon (GBaylon), from Ontario, Canada with his image titled You won't feel a thing...trust me.
4. Travel - "Interesting Lights" theme winner Jeff Atchley (Graceland) from Tennessee, USA with his image titled The shadow fountain.
5. Digital Artistry - "Painting or Drawing" theme winner Karen Gottschall (scenicshutterbug) from South Carolina, USA with her image titled Ice Sculpture
6. May Assignment - "High Contrast" theme winner Olivier Rychner (olivierrychner) from Switzerland with his image titled Room in a castle.
Interested in submitting your photos?
If you want to participate, please be sure to enter one of the monthly competitions listed in David Summers' contest guide.
The Online Photo Assignments category is coordinated by Rob Migliaccio (rmigliaccio) from Rhode Island, USA. You can check his assignments updates here.
The Nikonians online assignment is a great opportunity to have some fun and learn at the same time.
The monthly Assignment is a bit different from our other contests. We present a new assignment each month and the images posted are to be shot during that month with specifically to fulfill the assignment.
This is one of Nikonians best learning resources. It teaches beginners how to preconceive an image and follow through to a completed work, to building both technical and compositional skills. Advanced photographers will grow their abilities by working outside of their usual photographic style.
The July Assignment is "Isolation."
- a wall worthy image that demonstrates the photographic technique of isolation - i.e. making your subject stand out as the main focal point of the image.
Posted by flashdeadline at July 12, 2016 7:21 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: