December 6, 2016
Congrats October Contest WinnersNikonians Contest Coordinator David Summers (dm1dave) has posted the results of the October contests.
Our member driven contests are unique in many ways.
Unlike most other photo contests the workings of our contests are transparent.
Our members choose the monthly themes, all entries are visible to the entire community as they are posted and you are the judges not an invisible behind the scenes "expert."
Check our winning images legend below and scroll down for the names of the winners.
Each photo title serves as a link, which will lead you to explanations behind some of the photographs and an overall look at the competition.
1. -- Wildlife "Wildlife Emotions" theme winner Michael Kawerninski (qanik), from British Columbia, Canada with his image titled Happiness is.
2. -- Landscape "Wild waters" theme winner Charlie Choc (cchoc) from Georgia, USA with his image titled Rainbow in the Mist.
3. -- Macro "Intimate Landscapes" theme winner Dean Andersen (DeanAZ) from Arizona, USA with his image titled Island In the Stream.
4. -- Travel "Hustle and Bustle" theme winner Barbara Colbert (Britbear) from Illinois, USA with her image titled Spice Market Porter.
5. -- Digital Artistry "Halloween" theme winner Candi Foltz (CandisCamera) from Florida, USA with her image titled China-Pug Witch.
6. -- Assignment ""Forests" theme winner Scott Ashley (scottashley) from Colorado, USA with his image titled Split trees on mountainside.
Interested in submitting your photos?
If you want to participate, please be sure to enter one of the monthly competitions listed in David Summers' contest guide.
The Online Photo Assignments category is coordinated by Rob Migliaccio (rmigliaccio) from Rhode Island, USA. You can check his recap of past winners here.
The current (November) assignment is "Bottles".
Check out Rob's description:
Here's a great opportunity to photograph your favorite beverage.
It may seem easy, but there are things you need to think about - i.e. do you want to eliminate reflections, what kind of background should you have? - etc. Have fun with this assignment, but make sure the image is wall worthy.
Posted by flashdeadline at December 6, 2016 8:45 PM