August 22, 2017
Nikonians FAQ: Issues with login?
Every so often, some members of Nikonians report having issues logging in to the site. This often relates to a few, common problems. Remedies are listed in this blog, but if they did not help, just contact us.
Waves hitting the beach in Los Cabos, Mexico in the early morning hours. Nikon D300
If you have issues to login to Nikonians, this should help:
1. If you are using Safari as your browser and you see a 500 error after successful login, please enter
in the browser's address field and press the return key
2. Do not use Microsoft Internet Explorer. Especially older versions are not supported by us. Microsoft Edge is probably a bad idea as well.
3. Stick to one browser you like. e.g. Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Firefox or Safari. This is especially true if you want to keep bookmarks organized and if you care about "remember my password" features.
4. If you are using an additional security/firewall software on your computer, make sure nikonians.org is set as a trusted site or granted similar trust. Security software can easily block parts or all of Nikonians to work properly in your browser.
5. Make sure cookies from Nikonians are stored and kept in your browser (cookies must be enabled in your browser for nikonians.org). Losing/deleting the cookies from us means new login required.
7. When you login at nikonians.org, checkmark "Remained logged on when I return later"
8. Once you are logged in, change your password to something you can remember. You do that under "My Profile".
More help can be found in our FAQs
And, enjoy the community! :)
Posted by bgs at August 22, 2017 9:05 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: