October 22, 2022
Membership payments how-to
We have noticed that some of our members have had issues paying their membership fee using their credit or debit card. Here are some tips that should help to avoid that.
We provide two different payment optionsYour membership fee can be paid directly via Nikonians using a credit/debit card, namely "American Express, Visa, Mastercard" or you can select the payment method "Credit card via PayPal or PayPal" on the membership payment page. The second option will allow for card details to be entered manually at PayPal, or for you to use your PayPal account.
Selecting the second payment method "Credit card via PayPal or PayPal" has been shown to work well if the debit/credit card did not work using the first option.
Using the first payment methodIf you select the first payment method, "American Express, Visa, Mastercard", please make sure your card supports American Express SafeKey, Visa Secure, or Mastercard SecureCode.
Selecting this first payment method, your Internet browser will be redirected to a page hosted by IONOS and the Internet address starts with "https://ipayment.de". On that page you can enter the credit/debit card details.Please make sure...
- That your card has the feature American Express SafeKey, VisaSecure or MasterCard SecureCode enabled. Not having this feature enabled is the most common issue for members having an issue using their credit or debit cards. We are legally bound to do this extra verification step and some US cards, seemingly the ones provided by non-banks or small banks, may lack this feature.
- That your card can be used outside of North America: We are clearing your membership payment in Germany and you may need to advise your bank about this fact.
- That you enter your name exactly as it is printed on your credit card. If you have a very short name on the card, e.g. "P W Lee" the clearing company may refuse processing. If that happens, try to write out the full, first name.
- You enter your address exactly as in your credit card statement.
- If your zip code (postal code) contains spaces (like in Canada or the UK) do not enter these spaces.
- Your browser is not using an auto-fill feature: It may place correct information in the wrong entry fields.
Using the second method, the PayPal optionIf your card does not support this extra security feature as described above, or you want to use a card not listed e.g. Diners, you can always select this second payment method. By selecting this option, your Internet browser will be redirected to PayPal.com and the appearance of the page will be localized according to your country. The payment methods provided will vary as well, but typically you should be able to pay both with various credit/debit cards or to use your PayPal account.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have a problemIf you need help with your membership, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will work it out. It is because of you, as a paying member that we exist. Without your support, we would not be around, not able to help you and other photographers and videographers.
The three dogs are patiently, but in full attention waiting for their master to return.
In the name of the whole team
JRP and Bo, founders of Nikonians
Posted by bgs at October 22, 2022 4:20 PM